Being Bit(ten) and Byting Back

Sunday, July 03, 2005

Linux 9.3 & other news

Finally, got around to installing Linux on my PC. I have an HP, and since HP had some time in the past announced that they were releasing a notebook with Suse Linux on an experimental basis, I thought that the Suse distribution would be a good bet because if there is one thing I hate about installing a new OS is mucking about with drivers and devices. Anyway the installation went just fine except for one hiccup. I had downloaded the ISO images from some mirror site. Apparently the CD had some problem and it did'nt install the cpp package properly. This is important to me. Because I'm going to be downloading the new Qt 4 framework. I have this habit, that I always write a quick hello world programs in C and Java to make sure that my development environment is working properly. Anyway, I restarted the computer and then booted up Windows. Windows kind of got wierd on me, since Linux had create some new partitions. I just found out that now Windows has only 10 GB of hard drive available for it. Now if I were to install Visual Studio and MSDN that would really eat up hard drive space. Hmmm, I believe that a new PC has got be bought if Linux is to be used. In other news, I'm debating if I should by a 20" LCD HDTV from Samsung or a 30" widescreen TV from Samsung.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home