Being Bit(ten) and Byting Back

Sunday, December 25, 2005

Good and Bad Procrastination

I have a problem with procrastination. So when I came across this essay about procrastination, I read it carefully.

Reading it made me realize that there's hope for me yet.

I think the main point of his essay was that its extremely difficult to tackle problems especially interesting problems and its best not to attack them with the a full-frontal assault but unconventional techniques, use the fascination with a problem as a motivator, but be wary.

Avoid being a modern day Icarus. Fly high but don't go too close to the sun.

I was surprised to read though that making TODO lists is one of the more dangerous symptoms of procrastination. The various types or procrastination are

(a) nothing, (b) something less important, or (c) something more important.

TODO lists make a person focus on (b), and that eats up time from doing (c) which is worse than (a). Hmm, I just started making TODO lists again.

Anyway, I think my problem is that I suffer from Type A procrastination, i.e. I suffer from doing nothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home