Being Bit(ten) and Byting Back

Sunday, March 27, 2005

Moving away from Windows

Last year I bought an iPod. Hooking it up with a Windows machine just did'nt cut it. So my next purchase was an iMac. It was just before Apple released the G5 iMac. So far I've regretted the decision to buy the iMac. I should have bought the G5 PowerMac.

Anyway, since I finished grad school, I've been thinking of moving away from Windows, and start living the Linux and Mac digital lifestyle. With the impending release of the next generation of Microsoft tools, I think it would be a good to try something new. My iMac just sits there glaring at me to do something much more worthwhile than playing with iTunes, browsing the internet and writing my blog. As far as Linux is concerned, I've wanted to do that properly for sometime. Unfortunately, its not easy to do so in a Windows-centric world. I frequently talk to my family over the internet and VoIP is'nt quite available in Yahoo for Linux (someone, please correct me if they know better).

I guess at some point I will have to start. I'e decided I want to go with Suse Linux. Once I get all my backup, and there is a lot of backing up to do.

On another note, I went to the Apple Store at the Carousel Center. The store was very minimalist, and I saw the new PowerBooks and G5 iMacs. Very impressive!!.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home